NCSY has been running inspirational Shabbatons for over 60 years. Those Shabbatons have educated, uplifted and changed the lives of hundreds of thousands of teens. We are now living through a once in a lifetime pandemic that has come with many challenges and opportunities.
We all have a unique opportunity now to take part in Midwest NCSY’s first ever virtual Sr. Spring Regional Shabbaton! Although we wish we could be at Camp Chi in person, and this Shabbaton will be different, we’re going to do our best to replicate that Shabbaton feeling as best we can! An added benefit to the “at home” Shabbaton is that the entire family can participate! We are excited for you to be able to get a small taste of what your teen loves about NCSY Shabbatons.
The Shabbaton highlights will include:
- Thursday night 8:00 PM – Welcome, orientation, and activity
- Friday afternoon 3:30 PM – “Theme” education intro and session with advisors, 6:30 PM Pre-Shabbat story and Ruach
- (Shabbat at home with your family! Enjoy the materials and treats we have included in your tote bag!)
- Saturday night – 9:40 PM – Ebbing & Havdallah, 11:00 PM activity
- Sunday – 11:30 AM, Choose your own session activity, 6:00 PM full virtual NCSY banquet, 10:00 PM Kumsitz
- Monday morning closing program – 10:30 AM
Every family with a registered NCSYer will receive a special “Shabbaton Tote Bag” that will be delivered to your house before the Shabbaton. It will include all the items you will need for your “at home” Shabbaton in addition to some fun swag. All zoom links will be sent out on Thursday afternoon!
Registration cost is $29
For 9th-12th grades (graduating 8th graders may attend as well)
Please contact Shosh Friedman @ email@example.com with any questions
We look forward to virtually greeting your teen!
The Midwest NCSY Team