NCSY has been running inspirational Shabbatons for over 60 years. Those Shabbatons have educated, uplifted and changed the lives of hundreds of thousands of people. We are now living through a once in a lifetime pandemic that has come with many challenges and opportunities. We all have a unique opportunity now to take part in Midwest’s JR NCSY’s first ever virtual Shabbaton! The hope is, for it to be just as fun, educational, uplifting and life changing as an in person Shabbaton. Normally, NCSY Shabbatons are just for the children. However, this Shabbaton is being designed for the entire family.
The Shabbaton Highlights will include:
- A live Challah Bake Thursday 7:45PM followed by an entertaining game of Kahoot via Zoom
- Friday afternoon 5:30PM will be Pre-Shabbat story and songs, followed by Kabbalat Shabbat and Candle Lighting via Zoom
- Friday night and Saturday Shabbat Meals and family activities and games
- Saturday night 9:40PM “Glow in the Dark Musical Havdalah followed by Stand -Up Comedian Eli Lebowicz
- Sunday morning 10:00AM “Grand Raffle”
Every family with a registered JR NCSYer will receive a special “Shabbaton Tote Bag” filled with lots of Shabbaton Goodies including: Shabbaton schedule, Special limited edition Shabbaton T-Shirt, Family Game Packet, NCSY Special Song Sheet, Recipe & Instructions for the Challah Bake Parsha Overview, Shabbat Candle Sticks and Candles, 2 Family Study Sessions, Several Family Shabbat Games and more……!
The Shabbaton Bags will be delivered on Wednesday before the Shabbaton. (In case you go shopping before then, here are the items you will need for the Challah Bake: 2 Tablespoons of Yeast, 1 Teaspoon of Sugar, 3 eggs, 1/2 Cup of Oil, ⅔ Cups of Sugar, 5 cups of Flour, 2 teaspoons of Salt, Baking sheet.)
Registration cost is $25 for the first JR NCSYer and $15 for the 2nd JR NCSYer with a maximum cost of $40 per family.
Please contact Rabbi Mike Rovinsky @ 314-498-6279 / Rovinskym@ncsy.org or your City Director with any questions